Originally posted on JAPANsociology:
by Robert Moorehead
In September, filmmaker Megumi Nishikura gave a powerful, moving, and extremely personal presentation at TEDxKyoto. Her film, Hafu, is showing in theaters around the world, and offers an insightful look into the experiences of five hafu in Japan. The film opens in Kobe on November 23, and I can’t wait to see it.
- Mixed-race Japanese documentary ‘Hafu’ makes its Tokyo debut (japandailypress.com)
- FEATURE: Half-Japanese woman directs film about experience in Japan (english.kyodonews.jp)
- In Japan, Will Hafu Ever Be Considered Whole? (thediplomat.com)
- You: ‘Hafu’ (japantimes.co.jp)
- Thoughts on the film “HAFU” (thoughtsofjuliinjapan.wordpress.com)